Digital Marketing Specialist (Remote)
We're looking for a digital marketing A-player to join our team.
Hi 👋 we're Content Chemistry. We're a digital marketing agency based in Sydney with a love of all things content/inbound marketing. We're also the #1 HubSpot Gold Solutions Partner in Australia and we're nice humans.
We’re looking for a fully remote full-time Digital Marketing Specialist based in Sydney with agency or client-side experience to join our growing team. We’re looking for 2-4 years' experience in digital, marketing or a related field — but we’re most interested in attitude, approach and culture fit.
Ideally, we're looking for expertise across SEO, Google Ads, Facebook Ads, LinkedIn Ads, HubSpot, content, copywriting, social media, analytics and account management.
There are no ‘traditional’ Account Managers at Content Chemistry — everyone is both client-facing and hands-on and that's how we like it.
This role will suit self-starters and quick-learners who care about detail, data, client relationships and getting stuff done. We offer a supportive, fun and fast-paced environment with a huge opportunity for personal growth.
You'll work with a range of clients (large and small) across a range of different industries.
If this sounds like you, we want to meet you!
Read more about the role below 👇👇👇
What you'll do
- Write content for website blogs, eBooks, landing pages and social media
- Optimise the Google Ads, Facebook Ads and LinkedIn Ads accounts of our clients to maximise ROI of ad spend
- Optimise the technical SEO and on-page optimisation of clients and use keyword research to look for new opportunities to increase organic search traffic
- Research prospects and manage our email outreach process for link building
- Setup and manage inbound marketing sales funnels in HubSpot, including content, landing pages, thank you pages, email sequences and automation
- Post content regularly on social media
- Create and manage email marketing campaigns
- Manage multiple HubSpot portals and monitor progress of campaigns using KPI metrics
- Create weekly and monthly performance reports
- Create free digital marketing audits for prospects
- Onboard new clients on HubSpot
- Manage the design and development of new website projects
- Successfully build relationships with new and existing clients to understand high-level business goals and challenges
- Engage clients actively to derive maximum value from their investment in our agency
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our services according to client needs and objectives
- Help with our internal inbound marketing campaigns to grow the agency
- Be an ambassador for Content Chemistry’s values and culture!
Who you are
- A self-starter
- Strong organisational and time-management abilities
- Ability to operate under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Ridiculously high attention to detail
- 2-4 years’ experience in marketing, ideally in an agency environment
- Live in Sydney
- Proactive, positive attitude with a kind spirit
- Great problem-solver
- Understand that we're a small agency (but growing) so you will be versatile in your skills and understand that you will be wearing many hats during the week — basically, you'll be a digital marketing swiss army knife!
- Can work effectively in a fully remote environment, fully-supported with all of the tools and training you need to succeed
- Ability to prioritise, plan and complete multiple projects and clients on-time while juggling different priorities
- Passionate about customer success and experience
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organisation
- Hands-on skills in at least one digital marketing discipline — SEO, Google Ads, Facebook Ads, LinkedIn Ads, HubSpot, social media, content writing or copywriting
- A dual-minded approach: You’re highly creative but can also be data and process-driven
- Comfortable using HubSpot (ideally)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, G Suite, Monday.com, Slack and Zoom
- Confident with Google Ads, Facebook Ads, LinkedIn Ads, Google Analytics and Google Search Console
- Expert understanding of the English language, including written and verbal skills
- Ability to deliver creative and innovative thought
- An ability to work with clients by phone, video conference, email and in-person
What to expect
- Fully remote with in-person team catchups regularly
- Work/life balance
- Flexible hours
- Access to our WeWork office at 161 Castlereagh Street, Sydney
- Working on strategy, SEO, PPC, content, marketing automation and everything in between
- A supportive, fun and fast-paced environment
- Loads of training, education, up-skilling and mentoring
- Work with a bunch of genuinely nice humans
- Work with a bunch of lovely, happy clients across different industries
- Clear career path
- Join an agency at the grass-roots and grow together
Who are we?
Content Chemistry is a small but fast-growing digital marketing agency based in Sydney, led by dynamic-duo husband/wife team, Nathan and Lana.
We help startups and small to medium-sized businesses who want more website traffic, leads and sales, but lack a sales and marketing engine to drive business growth.
We partner with a variety of businesses who typically don't have a marketing team and we tend to bolt on and deliver a variety of services that are difficult or not efficient to deliver in-house. We spend the time to understand our clients inside-and-out so that we can deliver creative solutions for their specific pain-points.
We do good work for good people, which is why we retain clients for years not months.
We really look after our team and make sure that everyone is happy, healthy and supported.
We believe that you shouldn’t have to compromise work/life balance in order to deliver great work and we believe that you can do this from anywhere. We’re fully remote, big on flexible working and we’re genuinely nice humans.
What's our hiring process?
Our hiring process is pretty standard — interviewing, demonstrating your skills and meeting the team — but we really like to get to know YOU and allow you to get to know us.
Our hiring process is as much about making sure you’re the right fit for the role, as it is about making sure we’re the right fit for you.
Generally, our hiring process involves:
1. Filling out a Content Chemistry application form
2. First round interview with Nathan and Lana
3. Second round interview with Nathan, Lana and the wider team
4. A practical task (depending on your skillset), to show off your skills and knowledge
5. Reference checks
6. Sending you an offer of employment and an employment contract
We really want to get to know you and understand how you think and solve problems. So come to each interview with an open mind!
Husband and wife team, Nathan and Lana, have worked extremely hard to build a great culture, so we want to make sure each new hire is the right fit.
The hiring process typically takes around 4 weeks from start to finish — from application through to job offer.
It’s important to think about why you want the job at Content Chemistry and in digital marketing. Be prepared to explain this in your interview to show us why you might be a great fit for the team. We also suggest thinking about how you can best apply your skills and knowledge before you arrive.
We also encourage you to read our About page to learn more about us, our story and our core values.
We know it can be hard to think on the spot if you’re feeling nervous or under pressure in an interview. That’s why we think you should come prepared by predicting what we might ask you and what you can ask us! Not only will this give you a competitive edge, but you can arrive feeling more confident. We also recommend practising your elevator pitch so you can tell us a bit about yourself and what you do and will give you the opportunity to highlight your skills and achievements.